Tuesday, May 11, 2010

San Francisco: Post Trip

I just got back from a 5 day trip to San Fran on Sunday night, and indeed it was very difficult to come home. For anyone who hasn't been to San Fran I would highly suggest it. There is a laundry list of reasons to do so. For one, the city is beautiful and the sights along the bay are incredible

A nice pic Nick took of the Golden Gate Bridge


This is a pic I took from Alcatraz


Second, the city is so culturally diverse, and there is something for everyone. People are into all sorts of different things, and there are outlets for you to express yourself in anyway you could imagine. This is the complete opposite of Pittsburgh. This place is so closed minded, and all that people in this city rally together for are sports and drinking holidays such as St. Patrick's Day. Our downtown is brutally boring, and filthy. The only decent parts of Pittsburgh are small areas outside of the city, not the city itself. When you visit a city like Seattle, Toronto, or San Francisco it just really allows you to see how boring and close minded Pittsburgh is.

Hmmm, what else we drove on Highway 1 quite a bit and explored an amazing beach that was hidden down below. Just views that were amazing and that I am so thankful I got to see firsthand.



Basically, I want to go back and that's why I created this blog entry. I am currently sitting in my office with nothing to do, and I am just daydreaming that I am back in this beautiful atmosphere. This 9-5 is becoming depressing. I need to find a job that allows me to see things and do different things everyday. Sitting in one spot in an office 9 hours a day doing the same thing, is definitely not for me. I am thankful for what I have, don't get me wrong, but it's just so redundant anymore and soon I am going to have to move on. To end this blog on a good note though, I am going to Philly in 3 weeks with all of my roommates, my girlfriend, and brother to see The National and hangout. Can't wait! A month after that I will be heading to Seattle too to see Carissa's Wierd and spend time with Christine. Bright things on the horizon. I'll check back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! And sounds a bit more admirable than Pittsburgh and DuBois, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's for sure! It was super gorgeous there. Easily one of the coolest cities I've ever been too. Either San Fran or Seattle, it's tough to choose between the two for me. I've seen you do a fair share of trips to NYC. I have been meaning to go there for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but I still feel like I have only really accomplished doing touristy things in the city. Fun, nonetheless, but I would be much more excited to stay for awhile and branch off to different areas of NYC. Just need to save up a small fortune first, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha yeah no doubt. It's too bad it's sooo expensive. The only city I've been too that comes close is Chicago, and even the prices there were outrageous. But yeah, the problem with going to huge cities is you never have enough time, and enough money to see everything it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete