Monday, May 17, 2010

I have my looks and perfume on

I have my looks and perfume on... I am starting to think even that isn't enough to hang my hat on these days. I am completely in the work week lull. I am increasingly getting more and more bogged down by a typical 9-5 job. I should and need to stay at the job I have right now for at least a year, but it's becoming difficult. I am so much happier when I am not living in a typical routine. Example A of that would be when I was in San Francisco 2 weeks ago. I don't remember being that happy in quite awhile. I am just sorta stuck in this transition from adolescence to adulthood I guess. That's probably why I identify so much with The National's music, as these struggles seem to be a constant theme in many of their songs. I don't know, I have just been pondering over some things in my life lately, and I at times wonder if I am doing what I really want to be in this life. A life you only get one chance to live. Usually this sort of deep thinking does nothing but make me feel worse about myself, so I am going to try and not do this. Back to staring at my computer, and finding motivation to work on this monotonous Health & Wellness tips I am doing in After Effects. Right.. so this is what I went to school for 4 years and 80,000 dollars worth of debt I am totally convinced...

On a bit more of a positive note, yet still related I am going to continue the onslaught of National related posts some more. Below is a video of The National performing Sorrow as part of a streaming youtube show they had on Saturday. There are many other videos up of other songs they performed, but this song is just speaking to me today so I figured I'd post it with this post. My one bit of joy I can bring to this depressing rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment