Thursday, April 8, 2010

A New Find: Evening Hymns

So, since today and yesterday have been two of the absolute slowest days of work I've had in some time, it's safe to say I've had an ample amount of time on the internet. I am always looking for new talented musicians to listen to and appreciate it, and by gully I found one today. They are called Evening Hymns, and they are from the Toronto area in Ontario Canada. This band is especially perfect for today. Storms are rolling in, and this music seems to fit right in tune with that. Below I am going to post a few videos of the band playing live to give everyone a taste if they've never heard any of their stuff.



The crowd in this one is annoying but I love this song, and the video quality is great. The song is titled "Cedars"



So... yeah I guess this is a typical band I would love. They play heartfilled, melodic indie rock, and they wear flannels and sing a line in the song "Cedars," the second video I posted, about wearing flannel. I am just setting myself up to be made fun of by my friends with this post haha. Anyways, hope you enjoy these guys if you read this. Under a month and counting until I leave for my vacation in San Francisco. Can't wait! Hopefully I get something fun to start on at work soon so I can stop posting blogs everyday. Catch ya'll later.

No comments:

Post a Comment