Wednesday, July 14, 2010

They'll Only Miss You When You Leave

I certainly have missed Carissa's Wierd, and I can't even put into words how amazing it was to see them play a one off reunion show last Friday in Seattle at the Showbox.



The show was packed. I guess the Showbox holds about 1,100 people and the show fell about 80 short of a sellout. It was so amazing to have that many people that fancy this band as much as I do in the same space. I was almost brought to tears several times during the course of the show and I had the chills almost the whole time. Just some beautiful stuff.



The set was comprised of a slew of songs from all their albums, and was largely filled with songs off of their recent retrospective that was released called "They'll Only Miss You When You Leave: Songs 1996-2003"
Here is a song off of the retrospective originally from the album You Should Be At Home Here: http://www.hardlyart.com/mp3/CW_TheColorThatYourEyes.mp3

They then finished their set prior to the encore with a brand new song. Not sure if this will ever be officially released but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Here is the video of it being performed live. The audio is pretty bad, but just to get an idea.



I am all about spreading the word of these guys. If you've never heard them and are interested, I have the entire discography including the new retrospective that would be the best to introduce you to them with. I'll be back to update soon with pictures and such from the rest of my trip to Seattle and the surrounding areas. Until then, I am going to try to make it through the work week with almost nothing to do and my bosses out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment